With his long summer of travel and running finally winding down, we caught up with Tommy “Back-half” Barlow to get all the details. He became the 282nd person to officially complete the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning and the 18th person from Utah to do it.
It got off to a rocky start with a injury that needed some last minute TLC before the long drive to Western but Tommy not only got his finish but he did it under 24 hours. He then followed that up with a couple sub 24’s at Vermont and Leadville before tackling his home course in the Wasatch mountains.
Thanks to Tommy “Back-half” Barlow for hanging out with the TrailManners crew.
(PC: Kenzie Barlow)
- Grand Slam of Ultrarunning
- Western States 100 (23:26)
- Vermont 100 (22:15)
- Leadville 100 (23:40)
- Wasatch 100 (26:44)
Don’t forget to pre-order your TrailManners Beanie. We will ship the limited edition lid warmers mid November.
Latest posts by Joel Hatch (see all)
- Episode #89- Dr. Chris Heilman: Psychology of Recovery - June 26, 2017
- SingleTrack Session #42 - June 22, 2017
- Episode #88- Michael Laymon: The Trail Initiative - June 19, 2017