We first interviewed Gabe in February 2017 (Episode 72), at the Park City Running Company as he was about embark on a 12 hour and 18,000 feet of climbing sufferfest at the Running Up For Air race. In our initial interview we got to know Gabe as the inventor of trail running (you need to go back and listen to show #72, it’s awesome), cheese aficionado, and Hardrock lottery winner.
Of course we had to follow up on Gabe’s impressive 4th place finish at Hardrock and find out what else he has cooking for 2017.
- RUFA – 18,000 feet of climbing
- Quad Rock and brain melting heat
- Lander High School Soccer – 4th place in the State
- Skate Skiing for winter training
- Never Summer Ridge Traverse – Hardrock prep
- Hardrock game plan…Be Conservative, until mile 80ish then game on!
- PBJ & Cheese Sandwich
- Running full of gratitude
- Mantra – Patience – Patience
- Reality met expectation
- Plans on returning to Hardrock
- Run Rabbit Run
You can find Gabe Joyes here:
Joel is the co-founder of TrailManners.com, owner of KatBlu Web Designs, and Owner of Bomber Athlete.